Since 1994, Clay has served as Lead Pastor of Alice Drive Baptist Church in Sumter, SC. God has done amazing things:
- Worship attendance grew from 280 to 1,500 while the community grew 4%.
- The church relocated to a new 65 acre site.
- The church became multi-site in 2017.
- Hundreds of people have taken their “next step” toward Jesus.
One demographer said, “A church like Alice Drive isn’t supposed to exist in a place like Sumter, SC.
Some other things about Clay that might interest you:
- He grew up on a working cattle and citrus operation in Central Florida. His brother, sister, and he still operate the ranch.
- He went to Samford University and The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (Ph.D., 1992).
- He is married to the amazing Gina, who is a counselor in private practice.
- He has three children with ACC ties: Abram (Duke); Hannah (UNC-Chapel Hill); and Sarah (Clemson).
- He is the author of numerous articles and the book Pipes: God’s Spiritual Gifts Flowing Through You. (click to order).
- He loves talking about church and Kingdom growth!